Head of Development (11/2016 - ... )
- I am in charge of the whole development within the Innovation and Platform division.
- I am responsible for multiple development teams which are a combination of in-house and near-shore.
Head of Platform Development (06/2015 - 11/2016)
ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE
- As the Payment Platform was growing into a mature product and the roles within our team became more diverse, our CTO decided to name me as head over the whole product team.
- During this period I took responsibility over budgeting, vendor and stakeholder management. I have planed and prepared multiple strategies based on potentials new customers of our product. Also I have designed and defined a pricing model to be charged internally to our customers.
- I was responsible for a team of 14 persons which was a combination of in-house and near-shore.
- At the beginning of 2016 the C-level technical management was changed and shortly after also our unit manager. With this change came also a new perspective on the whole product that I was leading. After several attempts we concluded that it will not be sustainable to try to continue the project and product development based on the new strategy and vision.
- Therefore the final decision of selling the product was taken. With this decision being taken, it made me conclude that was time for me to look for something new, as a change of context is always welcomed.
Lead Developer (01/2015 - 06/2015)
ProSiebenSat.1 Digital & Adjacent GmbH
- As I have proven myself a valuable person within the team and as I was already leading multiple projects and development teams, I was promoted to have also a formal leading position.
- During this period the projects have grown and also the teams associated with them. I did several hiring and interviews for our new open various positions (Developers, Product Owner, Project Manager) and supported my Manager with budgeting and strategy planing. Also I guided my colleagues by coaching them, as some of them started to led their own projects.
- I was responsible for a team of 11 persons which was a combination of in-house and near-shore.
Senior Software Developer (09/2014 - 12/2014)
ProSiebenSat.1 Digital & Adjacent GmbH
- When my contract was closed by the previous company, the CTO of the ProSiebenSat.1 took notice of my positive results and the project that I have led.
- I was offered a position on the Holding level in order to support the vision of building a centralized Payment Gateway for all the Business Units within the ProSiebenSat.1 Group
- I took charge of the planing and designing the platform based on my experience gathered from the previous company. Once I finalized the design, plan of development and concrete vision, I initiated development with a team of externals.
- In parallel with the Payment Gateway project, I initiated smaller initiatives in order to support our central unit and project:
- Continuous integration platform
- Automation of the infrastructure landscape
- Hybrid cloud management platform
- Automatic scaling of the infrastructure landscape
- The technologies used and got in contact were:
- Microservices, Autoscaling, Message buses and queues
- Node.JS, MongoDB, AWS, OpenStack, Salt Stack, Teamcity, Atlassian tools
- I was responsible for two teams with a combined count of 10 persons.
Senior Web Developer Payment (01/2014 - 08/2014)
ProSiebenSat.1 Games GmbH
- As my project to rebuild the payment platform was approved, I was also promoted to this new position.
- I was in charge of two teams of which one internal (2 persons) for operational and maintenance of the running payment platform and one external (4 persons) for the development of the new platform.
- Technologies used were PHP (Laravel) and MongoDB. Also we used Node.JS to serve a hosted checkout / web shop solution.
- In the summer of 2014 the company was sold and moved to Berlin. On the following months, before my contract was closed, I was part of the post-merger team. This team was in charge of handing over all the running systems and ensure the company move happened with success.
Payment Developer (07/2012 - 12/2013)
ProSiebenSat.1 Games GmbH
- I joined this company because the job position itself was very intriguing. It was in the game industry but not actual game development.
- In this position I was responsible of operations and further development of the payment platform. This payment platform was offered as a feature to all games that this company published. Technology used in this platform were PHP and MySQL.
- I learned during this period many things regarding payment and payment flows. I also started experimenting with new technologies (Node.JS, Redis, MongoDB).
Backend Developer (09/2011 - 06/2012)
- I joined this company as a backend developer because of my previous work experience being in a similar position.
- In this position, I learned how to work on professional level with Java Script and was responsible of building Facebook web applications for a media portal
- Unfortunately the company culture and perspective did not fit my character, therefore I decided to leave and look for new challenges.
Team Lead (05/2011 - 08/2011)
- I was promoted into this position, because of my valuable contribution to the company development and the fact that the existing Team Lead was fired of missing several of his milestones.
- My new position was short, because the company funding was cut soon after, bringing it into insolvency. Even so, in this short time frame I managed to combine both development teams into one increasing our productivity.
Game Developer (09/2010 - 05/2011)
- I joined this start-up because was something new to me and in a complete different industry. I had much to learn about the game industry, the SCRUM process and the German working culture.
- In this position I learn C# and was in charge of the game backend. This was my first client / server software using a self made message bus system for scaling purposes.
- During this period I attended several training regarding SCRUM and Agile processes.
- In early 2011 we presented to the managing board and to the investors, a game prototype that I and a work colleague did in our free time. After we got a good deal, the company took over our game and made it as a second game planed to be published. I was put in charge of the whole development of this game.
IT Specialist / Consultant (01/2010 - 08/2010)
SC Antibiotice SA
- I join this company when the financial crisis hit Europe and the previous company that I worked for was sold to the competitors. I was recommended by an old colleague as being able to support and resolve an security incident within this company.
- In this new position I evaluated security and data processes and put in place policies in order to prevent further incidents.
- The second assignment was to architect and design an full scale ERP to cover the whole manufacturing process of this pharmaceutical factory. After the design was in place and the development was started, I decided to leave the country and look for new challenges.
OSS / BSS Manager (10/2006 - 01/2010)
SC Airbites SRL
- I joined this company because they bought the previous company that I was working for. I was recommended by my old manager to the new company as being a smart and reliable person.
- In the new position I was entrusted with the task of designing and building a central customer management software. This was my first professional experience with PHP and MySQL in an enterprise context.
- The project was a big success and so I was promoted to a management position in charge of rolling the deployment of this software in all the countries that the parent company (Swisscom subsidiary) was operating: Bulgaria, Ukraine, Poland and Romania.
- I was managing a team of 5 people (Development, Integration Support and Quality Assurance)
Network Administrator (02/2004 - 09/2006)
SC Linkexplore SA
- As I started my journey in the work field, I joined this company as an network administrator. In this position I was responsible for the hardware infrastructure (servers and networks).
- I started during this period to learn to actual build complete software. During my work in this company, I have created a Customer Management software built in Visual Basic and MySQL.